[aur-general] staticlibs in PKGBUILD?

oliver oliver at first.in-berlin.de
Mon Nov 18 15:45:02 EST 2013

Hello,

some people mourned on AUR that a package that I maintain
(adopted from other peoples) does not use "staticlibs" option.

before they mentioned it I didn't knew about it.

Is this a new PKGBUILD-option, or did I just have not seen it before?

What does this option do?

I found the description for the option, it says:

    staticlibs - Leave static library (.a) files in packages

Will static libs be only part of the package, if this option
is set?
So, without it, only shared libs will be put into the install package
and static libs will be leftout?

Can somebody please explain me this option?

Ciao,
   Oliver