[aur-general] btrfs-progs packages

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Tue Sep 17 10:39:14 EDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 1:23 PM, WorMzy Tykashi
<wormzy.tykashi at gmail.com> wrote:
> As it stands, the new testing/btrfs-progs is building the same tools as the
> btrfs-progs-git PKGBUILD (albeit with !staticlibs), extra/btrfs-progs is
> still quite behind.
>
> Once the testing package hits extra, btrfs-progs-git will be redundant (at
> least until Chris pulls in more commits). I guess the worth of
> btrfs-progs-git depends on how often Tom is planning on updating the commit
> ref in the official PKGBUILD and/or how often Chris pulls in changes to his
> tree.
In general, official and official-git packages have different purposes.

btrfs-progs in official repos (testing/extra) should provides a
released version.
The btrfs-progs-git package is a _source_ package used to build a
package with the _last_ git version (at the build time).
At each release, the git package should ship the same content that the
released one.

Cheers,

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer