[arch-general] Not a good time for ProAudio work? WAS: Panic - no sound devices after upgrade

Bernardo Barros bernardobarros2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 17:52:32 EDT 2011

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply!

Maybe it's not udev because the issue is not that the soundcard does
not show up, it actually does. The problem is that JACK does not work
with it. And also I downgrade udev at the time. The problem should be
a fine-tuning somewhere

At the time Fedora 15 was using udev 168 and Arch udev 171.

I tested with Fedora 15, the MOTU UltraLite worked with ffado
from svn (rev. 1985). I'm using Fedora for serious audio work since then.

At the same machine, an updated Arch did not work.
Then I tried to downgrade the kernel and udev packages, no luck.
My USB card (Edirol pcr1) did not work either.