[arch-dev-public] Announcement for the 2013.07.01 ISO image

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 15:32:42 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> with the July install image a few notable features got added. There is
> initial support for secure boot and there are bootstrap tar files which
> can be used to install Arch from within another distribution.
>
> I have a hard time to write a news item about these though. I think it
> would be best if we had at least some short documentation about these in
> our wiki we can link to. There is probably no harm in delaying the
> announcement for a few days as these are just new features.

If you fill out the "public information" field when entering these
ISOs in the webapp, it treats the text there as markdown-formatted,
just like news items. This will then show up on the release details
page, the RSS feed description, and on the downloads page. I had hoped
this would be a good tradeoff between a news item and having no
meta-info about a release.

See this one for an example:
https://www.archlinux.org/releng/releases/2012.09.07/

-Dan